There is no turning back ! On 19th of November CCP will release a new expansion to Eve called Rubicon. To be honest, I haven’t been playing much lately. Only been doing some PI, not even as dedicated as before, and refueled my tower. There were quite a few Perimeter Hangar sites in our wormhole, and I took care of a few of those last weekend, but that was about it.
Rubicon, while not bad, isn’t really something to get very excited about. Some things that make life easier and the Sister of Eve new ships that are very nice, but there isn’t in it that really makes you go WOW !
But let’s take a look at the things that I will be interested in, in this expansion.
- Ghost Sites : probably will only see this once in a blue moon in our wormhole. They once again use the stupid hacking mini game but will not use the loot penate mechanic. Might be something good in it, we’ll see
- Mobile Structures : The mobile tractor unit will be great ! It tractors all look into a bit pile within 125Km. Very handy. Also a magnet for any cloaky offender in a wormhole, but hey it’s all in the game. I don’t think I have any use for any of the other mobile units. I might see the mobile home in our wormhole maybe if we would get some sort of intrusion.
- Sisters of EVE Faction Ships : These look awesome and might be handy in our wormhole or maybe elsewhere. I will probably wait a little before buying one to let the initial price settle down.
- Ship Changes : I don’t fly anything that is affected by these. Maybe I should. I used to have a marauder, that unfortunately blew up a long time ago, when a Caldari Epic Mission line mission went sour. I never replaced it. It might be handy for the wormhole sites with the new heavy missile launcher thing. The Bastion Mode sounds awesome, once you’re attacked. Might not be as awesome in reality
- Rapid Heavy Missile Launcher : This devblog explains how they work. The split bonuis thing is a little odd, I guess it would make them a little overpowered. Anyway, this sounds really good. Might want to try this with a passively shield tanked Rattlesnake soon. The missile bonus would be lost though, if I get that right from the devblog. And it only has 4 launchers. Well might be worth a try anyway.
That’s about it for me. Warp speed I don’t know about. Might be handy to be faster when you’re buzzing around in a covops in a wormhole. And interceptors I never use. Maybe I should dust one off and try one out. I will do a follow up post once Rubicon is released and see how things worked out, post-Rubicon.