The upcoming winter expansion was announced today on twitch ! Why this name ? Apparently it’s the start of more player build things and stuff (?). Rubicon was the river Caeser crossed and start his reign in Rome. So I guess CCP see this as a start of something. I am little skeptical about these things, being a bitter old vet and all that, so we’ll see where that will go.
Some of the new features:
- New Sisters Of Eve faction ships. These look very cool, with bonuses for scanning and hacking. DO WANT !
- Space vacuum cleaner – A deployable unit that will tractor all your wrecks and leave them in a convenient pile to be salvaged later. Sounds very handy !
- New missile launcher that will do Battleship type DPS but will also do decent against smaller targets. Sounds very handy for doing Sleeper sites. And it’s good to have a new weapon.
- Pocos (custom offices for PI) in HiSec will be destructible and can be player owned. – Not sure this is a good idea. It will be a nuisance for new players and members of smaller corporations to get into PI, probably the pocos will be owned by larger alliances, leaving the little guy in the dust.
- Depot – Sort of a mobile POS. Nice to invade wormholes and the like. Maybe we’ll see one in our own hole and we can destroy it .
- Twitch integration – Very interesting addition
Those are the ones that I remember now right off the bat and that seemed the most interesting. The warp speed and interceptor changes don’t do much for me, but might be cool for other people.
All in all a nice list of features. With only about 2 months away (it’ll be released on Nov 19th), it’s more than I was expecting. I am sure it won’t be buggy at all .
And yes I know we had BLINKGATE today as well, still making my mind up what to blog about that, I did take notes so more on that later.