The upcoming winter expansion was announced today on twitch ! Why this name ? Apparently itâ€™s the start of more player build things and stuff (?). Rubicon was the river Caeser crossed and start his reign in Rome. So I guess CCP see this as a start of something. I am little skeptical about these things, being a bitter old vet and all that, so weâ€™ll see where that will go.
Some of the new features:
- New Sisters Of Eve faction ships. These look very cool, with bonuses for scanning and hacking. DO WANT !
- Space vacuum cleaner â€“ A deployable unit that will tractor all your wrecks and leave them in a convenient pile to be salvaged later. Sounds very handy !
- New missile launcher that will do Battleship type DPS but will also do decent against smaller targets. Sounds very handy for doing Sleeper sites. And itâ€™s good to have a new weapon.
- Pocos (custom offices for PI) in HiSec will be destructible and can be player owned. – Not sure this is a good idea. It will be a nuisance for new players and members of smaller corporations to get into PI, probably the pocos will be owned by larger alliances, leaving the little guy in the dust.
- Depot â€“ Sort of a mobile POS. Nice to invade wormholes and the like. Maybe weâ€™ll see one in our own hole and we can destroy it .
- Twitch integration â€“ Very interesting addition
Those are the ones that I remember now right off the bat and that seemed the most interesting. The warp speed and interceptor changes donâ€™t do much for me, but might be cool for other people.
All in all a nice list of features. With only about 2 months away (itâ€™ll be released on Nov 19th), itâ€™s more than I was expecting. I am sure it wonâ€™t be buggy at all .
And yes I know we had BLINKGATE today as well, still making my mind up what to blog about that, I did take notes so more on that later.