Crius is the name of the next release to be deployed on July 22nd. As you might recall, EVE development moved away from the traditional six month expansion cycle to a much faster six week release deployment.
Crius itself brings a major change to industry in EVE Online – including changes to manufacturing and invention. As EVE is a very complex system and industry being at the core of EVE, you can expect a lot of changes that will ripple through the universe:
· The Science and Industry user interface is completely rebuilt and made much more user friendly.
· Refining, reprocessing and compressing are made more meaningful and intuitive. Skill matters!
· All industry slots will be removed including NPC stations, outposts or POS arrays.
· The more jobs are installed in a specific star system, the more expensive it will become to install additional jobs. Centralization costs.
· NPC teams can be hired to give benefits to whole star systems, this will benefit everyone. Centralization helps.
· Material and Time Efficiency levels on blueprints will change and be capped to ME 10 and TE 20 with each level giving a fixed benefit of 1% point. Additionally all static blueprint data, such as copy and research times, will be streamlined and adjusted.
· Industry related POS structures will give you benefits, the more structures you have, the more you benefit (until an upper level).
· Moon mining available in 0.4 security space.
All these changes and more are already available on the Singularity test server. Check it out!
Additionally you can expect several quality of life improvements, for example for the often discussed tooltip changes.