This is going live on April 16th ! Huge list of fixes and â€˜enhancementsâ€™. The ECM change is coming as well. I am curious how that is going to work out.
Stealth Bombers are changed too :
- Stealth Bombers have had their role refocused to be anti-battleship role. They now equip siege missile launchers and use torpedoes instead of cruise missiles which allow them to inflict large volley damage against big targets and gain the ability to equip a covert ops cloak so can warp around whilst cloaked. In addition bombs have been made cheaper and the bomb launcher can now be equipped in any of the bombers high slots along with other changes to aid them.
- Stealth Bombers now gain a bonus to fitting siege missile launchers instead of cruise missile launchers.
- Stealth Bombers can fit and use a covert ops cloak allowing them to warp whilst cloaked.
- Stealth Bombers now have a 15% bonus to damage for racial torpedoes per covert ops skill.
- Stealth Bombers now have a flight time and velocity bonus to torpedoes. The power grid and cpu fitting attributes have been adjusted for all Stealth Bombers.
- The base velocity of Stealth Bombers has been increased.
- Bomb launchers can now be fitted to any high slot on the bomber.
So stealth bomber become anti â€“ battleship / battlecruiser. Youâ€™d need quite a few to take one down though ? I wonder if theyâ€™re going to be used more, to be honest I seriously doubt it.
There are a few sound fixes, but I donâ€™t think thatâ€™s going to fix the real issue, which is that the entire sound system is seriously broken. I much prefer it, if they would just put the old sound engine back in. At least I could hear my mining lasers !
Patchnotes are here and the discussion thread is over here.
Update Oops, there is a fix to turrent sounds and the like:
Sound levels for turret fire, explosions, jumpgates and effects have had their levels adjusted and will be heard in all their glory.
2 thoughts on “Apocrypha 1.1 Patchnotes”
This sounds like good news …. my stealth bomber has been sitting in the garage collecting dust for months. Once I realized I couldn’t fit a covert ops cloak II, I wondered why on earth I had bought it. At least now I have a chance to run away undetected in that tinfoil hull. Doh!
I dont think anyone will be using stealth bombers even after the patch. Heavy interdictors are still where its at.
Comments are closed.